Our organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether planning our Customer Experience program, developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, or designing projects for our innovative clients, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to partner with our clients to make inspiring spaces that unlock their people’s greatest potential. The pace is fast, the learning is constant…but as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.
Your Role At Pivot
As a Designer, you will be responsible for applying Pivot’s creative expertise and design services to support new and existing clients. You will work alongside a team of dynamic, creative workplace designers, practicing high standards for design, providing a high level of customer satisfaction, and serving as a collaborative member of a dynamic project team including sales, project management, and procurement support. You will engage customers and industry influencers in forward thinking discussions and workshops to solve strategic challenges within their organizations and use your creativity, skills and expertise to influence, persuade and shape other’s perceptions and beliefs about design and how physical space can improve people’s lives.
In Addition, You Will
· Assume responsibility for the overall completion of projects of increasing complexity including programming, strategic planning, conceptual designs, space planning, presentations, design development, and production; delegate and oversee fulfillment of design deliverables as required.
· Drive project solutions and customer experience to new levels both in terms of engagement and business development, but also in terms of innovative, tailored solutions.
· Incorporate and execute creative design strategies.
· Establish and manage design project budgets, project scope, contracts, and coordinate deliverables with internal and outsourced design resources.
· As a trusted advisor, navigate customer and industry partner interactions with ease, clearly articulating design ideas and rationale for decisions and outcomes.
· Proactively identify project risks, offering creative solutions and alternatives; work independently to execute next steps, evaluates results.
· Participate in ongoing learning around strategic areas of focus, including partner products and solutions, sustainable design, design tools and technology, and workplace strategy.
· Champion design operational excellence by implementing established design process and documentation standards; manage and record billable hours, cultivate efficiencies, and reduce errors.
· Demonstrate excellent time management skills and flexibility; effectively and confidently address competing priorities and urgent situations, making sound decisions in short timeframes with appropriate action.
· Mentor and train junior design [KN1] team members.
· Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
· Demonstrate our Pivot values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Initiative, Curiosity, and Accountability in all aspects of work.
We’re Excited About You If You Have
· 2+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design from an accredited 4-year university; or equivalent combination of education and industry experience including a proven track record of leading projects.
· Must be working toward Interior Design certification, or equivalent.
· Active membership in a professional organization.
· Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies with an understanding of design history and trends.
· Proficiency in navigating and curating solutions from an expansive product portfolio, including furniture systems, ancillary, accessories, and bespoke.
· Proficiency in building systems, building codes, electrical, and cabling.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Outstanding graphic presentation skills.
· Strong mentoring skills and ability to lead, train, and direct work of others.
· Proven track record of success in maintaining and growing client relationships, and a sense of business acumen to advise and guide clients as required.
· Strong, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to clients.
· Proficient and demonstrated ability to use 2D/3D software, CET Designer, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator). Revit a plus.
· Knowledge of the total project process including fee and project team management, schedules and budgets.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but position may require supervision of junior design staff members and contractors as project requirements dictate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Proof of valid California state driver’s license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle required.
Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management in client organizations, public groups and other outside entities.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical environment is consistent with most professional service organizations. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Pivot, we believe the right physical environment can improve a person's well-being, inspire innovation and enable them to perform their best.