This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Project Manager manages small to medium projects from beginning to completion with an emphasis on cost effectiveness and customer service. Works in situations that are fast-paced with frequent deadlines, constant interruptions and changing priorities. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of assigned projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Collaborates with project team to refine scope of work for small to medium projects, plans the required resources and schedule, manages the project’s execution, and closes out the project, including punch items.
· Monitors actual labor time expended on projects quoted to ensure up-to-date knowledge of time requirements for various installation conditions and products.
· Works with team members to ensure that the job is completed per the quote.
· Performs special analysis and/or planning (site verification, phasing of product for order entry, etc.)
· Reviews scope of work & project description to provide required detailed information to ensure clarity and understanding for lead installation personnel.
· Develops and communicates detailed work plans that provide loading requirements per the installation schedule, material handling, logistical plans, loading requirements & identification of potential issues & problem areas.
· Provides technical review of specifications upon request.
· Attends client project/construction meetings upon request to coordinate furniture installation activities with the contractor, client, and building management parties.
· Performs pre-installation site inspections as required.
· Ensures the installation work is executed in compliance with contracted scope of services.
· Assesses work outside of the quoted scope and obtains approval to execute change orders as needed.
· Inspects quality of workmanship and ensures conformance to installation plans and installation standards.
· Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
· May conduct final walk-through with client representative at completion of project.
· Prepares detailed punch list and forwards to team for resolution.
· May obtain final client acceptance and sign-off upon completion of the installation.
The Project Manager customarily directs and coordinates actions of multiple supporting positions within the project team.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Project Manager 1 - Requires a high school diploma or GED plus Bachelor’s degree in Construction Mgt, Interior Design, Engineering, or Facilities Mgt from four-year college or university and up to 2 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Operations database experience is preferred, as well as previous working experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Project Manager 2 - Requires a high school diploma or GED plus Bachelor’s degree in Construction Mgt, Interior Design, Engineering, or Facilities Mgt from four-year college or university and up 2-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Operations database experience is preferred, as well as previous working experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations. Ability to read and analyze architectural drawings and blueprints. Ability to write reports and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to exercise independent discretion with regard to defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The employee must provide own transportation, proof of valid state driver’s license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;. The employee must frequently lift &/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel to client sites up to 80% of the time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be loud if working at a customer construction site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Pivot, we believe the right physical environment can improve a person's well-being, inspire innovation and enable them to perform their best.