Healthcare Account Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Responsible for the planning and management of all aspects of Healthcare Corporate Accounts, from the selling process, through design, project management and the completion of project, exercising discretion and independent judgment to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Responsible for customer relations oversight on all assigned accounts, including the development of a monthly project status report per account.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provides prompt and effective follow-up on new corporate projects specified by clients or new accounts/projects from sales or bid desk.
· Creates and manages strong relationships with clients, and maintains the highest standard of customer satisfaction.
· Acts as Herman Miller Living Office “champion” by being proficient in the Living Office concept and ideas. Meaningfully contributes to winning sales engagements by supporting account managers and customers with this unique knowledge.
· Student of “The Challenger Sales” sales model and attends “Readiness Rally”.
· Assumes ownership of entire sales process, from initial client contact through final punch list. Works with other team members (design, project management, project coordination, installation, accounting, sales management) as appropriate to complete all projects to client’s satisfaction and within required time frame.
· May assume primary responsibility in the planning and specification of all aspects of the sales projects on assigned accounts, or works with assigned design team as required to complete planning and specification(s).
· May assume primary responsibility in the project management of all aspects of the projects for assigned accounts, or works with assigned project manager(s) as required to complete projects. Provides timely follow-up on all details.
· Promotes and sells design, installation, project management, and other services as appropriate.
· Responsible for fabric finishes and discounting on all final proposals submitted to clients.
· Within guidelines for margins, develops accurate price quotations.
· Coordinates project plan(s), installation schedule(s). Reviews all orders prior to order entry to determine any special instructions to the manufacturer.
· Conducts post-occupancy evaluation / punch list walk-through along with Project Manager, if one has been assigned, ensuring timely resolution of any identified issues or problems.
· Informs assigned clients on all new product and ergonomic issues and products.
· Works with accounting department to provide prompt and courteous follow-up and investigations of delinquent accounts as necessary.
· Maintains a current working knowledge of developments in the contract furniture industry and related products, applications, and design concepts.
· Consistently devotes time to personal and professional development through a variety of continuing education sources and appropriate business and professional associations.
· Responsible for the successful installation and completion of every job, to the absolute satisfaction of all accounts.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no permanent supervisory responsibilities, but duties require the Healthcare Corporate Account Manager to temporarily direct and coordinate the actions of several different supporting positions within the project team as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and two to three years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a related furniture industry segment, such as project management, installation supervision, design and/or planning may be substituted for some of the sales experience requirement. Familiarity with basics of project management essential. Demonstrated ability to logistically plan all phases of the project cycle essential. General understanding of furniture systems and electrical/cabling issues, building systems and building codes essential. Knowledge of OSHPD submittal process and ability to identify healthcare project categories (OSHPD patient care / non patient, Non-OSHPD). Working knowledge of product lines as they apply to various healthcare settings. Familiar with various regulatory agencies (OSHPD, JCAHO) and regulations (HIPAA, ADA, UBC).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to read and analyze architectural drawings and blueprints. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence (such as proposals, quotations, letters), in English. Ability to effectively present information, written and verbal, in English, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply the algebraic and geometric concepts involved in project design desirable.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Proof of valid California state drivers’ license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; concentrate intensely; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance and/or equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock if working at client site. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Pivot, we believe the right physical environment can improve a person's well-being, inspire innovation and enable them to perform their best.