Demonstrates and sells dealer-represented products and services at client sites and from showroom as required. Responsible for the achievement of quarterly and annual sales goals for volume and margins, and the development of new business while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Within each team, you own all areas of your job responsibility for the successful installation and completion of every job, to the absolute satisfaction of all of our customers.
· Develops and maintains a sales strategy for all principal target accounts (using Gold Sheet/Blue Sheet methods). Develops and implements a market plan for all assigned accounts. Provides prompt and effective follow-up of leads and new prospects.
· Creates and maintains strong relationships with clients, prospective clients, vendors, and referral sources to increase customer satisfaction and generate referral business.
· Creates unique perspective , understands the client’s value drivers, identifies economic drivers, educates client and provides alternatives, is comfortable discussing money, and can exert appropriate pressure when necessary.
Acts as Herman Miller Living Office “champion” by being proficient in the Living Office concept and ideas. Meaningfully contributes to winning sales engagements by supporting account managers and customers with this unique knowledge.
· Represents Pivot’s point of view on the Living Office and new ways of working by frequently presenting to the general business community and internally to Pivot employees.
· Proficient in and a student of “The Challenger Sales” sales model. Attends “Readiness Rally”.
· Maintains an up-to-date understanding of the marketing tools and programs available from Herman Miller and other major vendors. Proficient in and can present a holistic solution of Pivot product portfolio.
· Assumes ownership of entire sales process, from initial client contact through final punch list. Works with other team members (design, project management, project coordination, installation, accounting, sales management) to complete various phases of the design / specification / installation process.
· Promotes and sells design, installation, project management, and other Pivot Interiors products and services. In the absence of a design contract, takes a greater responsibility to assist in the planning and specification of all aspects of sales projects. In the absence of a sale of project management services, takes a greater responsibility to assist in the project management of all aspects of sales projects and provides timely follow-up on all details.
· Conducts presentations, demonstration, and tours as appropriate at various points in the sales cycle, ensuring thorough orientation to the product and functional design elements both before and after the sale.
· Conducts QBRs with top clients.
· Develops and maintains C-suite executive relationships.
· Responsible for fabric finishes and discounting on all final proposals submitted to clients.
· Within guidelines for margins, develops accurate price quotations. Secures dealer-held agreements with major clients as required.
· Works with accounting department to provide prompt and courteous follow-up and investigations of delinquent accounts as necessary.
· Develops and participates in leads groups, attends business development functions, cold calls, attends lunch/dinner and other functions with business influencers (brokers, A&D, construction, etc.) and conducts with new prospective clients.
· Maintains a current working knowledge of developments in the industry and related products, applications, and design concepts.
· Consistently devotes time to personal and professional development through a variety of continuing education sources and appropriate business and professional associations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no permanent supervisory responsibilities, but duties require the account manager to temporarily direct and coordinate the actions of several different supporting positions within the project team.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Sales Executive 2 - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and at least 2 years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a related furniture industry segment, such as project management, installation supervision, design and/or planning may be substituted for some of the sales experience requirement. Familiar with basics of project management essential. Demonstrated ability to logistically plan all phases of the project cycle essential. General understanding of furniture systems and electrical/cabling issues, building systems and building codes essential. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Operations database experience is preferred, as well as previous working experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Sales Executive 3 - Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and at least 5 years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a related furniture industry segment, such as project management, installation supervision, design and/or planning may be substituted for some of the sales experience requirement. Familiar with basics of project management essential. Demonstrated ability to logistically plan all phases of the project cycle essential. General understanding of furniture systems and electrical/cabling issues, building systems and building codes essential. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead, train and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Operations database experience is preferred, as well as previous working experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence (such as proposals, quotations, letters) in English. Ability to effectively present information, written and verbal, in English, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Proof of valid California state drivers’ license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; concentrate intensely; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock if working at a client site. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Pivot, we believe the right physical environment can improve a person's well-being, inspire innovation and enable them to perform their best.