Construction Solutions Business Development Sales Executive, Healthcare
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether working with our architecture partners in the early stages of construction or supporting remote work, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to partner with our clients to make inspiring spaces and experiences that unlock their people’s greatest potential. The pace is fast, the learning is constant…but as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.
Your Role At Pivot
As a Healthcare Business Development executive for our Construction Solutions team, you will be responsible for expanding our client base throughout Southern California. You will nurture relationships and secure new clients in the architectural and general contractor community. Your objective will be to develop specifications with architects & clients and secure new projects based on the solutions offered by Pivot. Ultimately, you will be responsible for driving and closing business to meet sales goals, ensuring client satisfaction and retention. You will leverage client referrals for the purpose of obtaining new opportunities. As well, you will sell and effectively communicate the benefits of dealer-represented architectural products and services at client sites and from showroom as required. You will lead the development of a successful go-to-market strategy and model for emerging technology solutions within the healthcare industry.
In Addition, You Will
· Be the “in-house expert” for each of the product lines included in the Construction Solutions group and how they provide value within the healthcare market.
· Leverage your healthcare specific knowledge and experience to demonstrate the value of prefab construction to your clients.
· With Director develop a business plan for sales and business development within Construction Solutions.
· Develop existing and new relationships to achieve the sales, gross profit and contribution margin targets as identified in the business plan.
· Educate / train other Pivot sales employees on benefits of prefabricated architecture, including new product launches.
· Conduct presentations, demonstration, and tours as appropriate at various points in the sales cycle, ensuring thorough understanding of product and functional design elements both before and after the sale.
· Develop and maintain a sales strategy for all principal target accounts. Develop and implement a market plan for all assigned accounts. Provide prompt and effective follow-up of leads and new prospects.
· Create and maintain strong relationships with clients, prospective clients, vendors, and referral sources to increase customer satisfaction and generate referral business.
· Create unique perspective, understand the client’s value drivers, identify economic drivers, educate client and provide alternatives. Be comfortable discussing financial terms and exert appropriate pressure when necessary.
· Develop and participate in leads groups, attend business development and other functions with business influencers (brokers, A&D, construction, etc.) and new prospective clients.
· Promote and sell design, installation, project management, and other Pivot Interiors services.
· Accountable for all stages of a project from initial pitch through contract approval. Work successfully with other team members (design, project management, project coordination, installation, accounting, and sales management) to complete various phases of the design / specification / installation process.
· Ability to review bid drawing documents to determine material take-off and specifications, then develop appropriate scope of work for initial ROM budgeting and oversight of project managers on final pricing.
· Within guidelines for margins, develop accurate price quotations. Secure dealer-held agreements with major clients as required.
· Maintain a current working knowledge of developments in the industry and related products, applications, and design concepts.
· Consistently devote time to personal and professional development through a variety of continuing education sources and appropriate business and professional associations.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Manages and coordinates actions of multiple supporting positions within the Architectural Products Division.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or Facilities Management from four-year college or university; at least 5 years equivalent related experience within the healthcare industry and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
Real estate, job site and interior construction knowledge not limited to: OSHPD & healthcare construction, wall construction, dropped ceiling installation, seismic anchoring, overhead lighting systems, electrical/data installation and California building codes. Experience with general contractors and estimating and negotiating labor costs.
Familiar with AutoCAD, ICE/Design software. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, Powerpoint & Word.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English. Ability to read and analyze architectural drawings and blueprints. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence (such as proposals, quotations, letters) in English. Ability to effectively present information, written and verbal, in English, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Proof of valid California state drivers’ license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; concentrate intensely; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel to client sites up to 80% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock if working at a client site. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Pivot, we believe the right physical environment can improve a person's well-being, inspire innovation and enable them to perform their best.