This job is no longer accepting applications.
Responsible for the day-to-day performance of the Warehouse, Client Storage, Administrative Operations, Estimating and Installation activities, and other service-related areas. Owns the overall effectiveness and financial profitability for these areas of responsibility. Develops and implements departmental goals and performance standards. Provides the direction, focus and leadership involving continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provides direction and leadership to a functional team. Establishes and communicates goals and objectives for the team that are in line with the corporate direction. Makes decisions around hiring and terminations. Reviews individual and team performance and provides constructive feedback. Possesses specialized expertise in one or more functional areas.
· Develops and monitors the annual business and financial plan, in alignment with the direction of the VP of Warehouse, Distribution & Installation, for the areas of responsibility.
· Ensures that all division policies and procedures are designed to maximize productivity and profitability, while also ensuring the highest quality of work.
· Monitors departmental operating budgets.
· Oversees and monitors all purchasing of supplies, equipment, vehicle repairs, subcontractors, temporary agency employees, etc.
· Analyzes operational issues affecting the department groups and determines a plan for performance enhancements.
· Recruits, selects, hires, trains, and develops essential installation personnel (internal and subcontract) for all positions within Technical Services.
· Develops high performance teams and provides direction for consistent results.
· Ensures that work order processes are efficient, well documented and lead to effective service management and dispatching.
· Oversees and provides direction for the DUR (Delivery Upon Receipt) and Demo programs.
· Oversees all quoting/estimating activity in collaboration with the Installation Manager.
· Integrates technology where applicable, to reduce cost and improve efficiency and response time.
· Ability to respond to inquiries and/or complaints from customers, both external and internal, and provide solutions that are consistent with Pivot policies.
· Establishes and maintains written departmental procedures and processes and refines as necessary.
· Constantly interfaces with department staff to monitor compliance with procedures/processes and recommends improvements as necessary.
· Focuses on repeatable workload and the ability to realign resources with volume changes.
· Ensures that the work environment is safe and consistent within the industry. Actively supports the Safety Committee to implement and maintain specific requirements of the Safety Program.
· Hires and actively participates in the recruitment process during searches for qualified applicants.
· Able to effectively present information to top management, internally and in client organizations, providing clear resolution to the issues at hand.
· Mentors and develops direct reports.
· Actively supports the directions and policies of Pivot.
· Develops and maintains strong relationships with team, peers, clients, suppliers and other managers in the industry.
· Clarifies the vision by explaining how it will impact team and individual success; works collaboratively with team to brainstorm an action plan to implement the vision; sets objectives to put the vision into action through policies and procedures.
· Anticipates possible problems and develops contingency plans in advance.
· Promotes cooperation among team members, enlisting the active participation of everyone.
· Proposes new approaches, methods or technologies.
· Provides helpful, behaviorally specific feedback to individuals and team.
· Works with employees to set and communicate performance standards that are specific and measurable.
· Regularly attends industry events to expand network.
· Acts as liaison between operations division personnel and rest of dealership.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, required, plus at least 7 years equivalent related experience and/or training with contract office furniture systems, most preferably with Herman Miller furniture systems; previous management experience required, or equivalent combination of education and practical experience. Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software required, preferably MS Office programs, and MS Outlook. Knowledge of IQ Coordinator, SnapTracker, Microsoft D365, and Work Front, preferred.
Ability to fluently speak and understand English. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations. Ability to read and analyze architectural drawings and blueprints. Ability to write reports and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a current valid California driver’s license, and a current registered operable vehicle and proof of insurance as required by state law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and occasionally to taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with assistance or equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions if visits to customer sites are required. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold or heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be loud if working at a customer construction site.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Pivot, we believe the right physical environment can improve a person's well-being, inspire innovation and enable them to perform their best.