Job Title: Account Manager
Department: Client Services
Reports to: Sr. Account Manager
About Us: CCG is Utah’s tastemaker when it comes to workplace interiors. We create innovative spaces where people can do their best work—the kind of places you walk in to and say, “Wow!” Our clients choose us because of our distinct expertise in workplace strategy, our creative design teams, and our second-to-none customer service—and, we are Utah’s exclusive Haworth furniture dealer. Ultimately our role is to understand our clients’ cultures and create environments where those cultures can thrive and grow. Our company is woman-owned and backed by private equity capital. We are in hyper-growth mode and we are always actively looking to add “A Players” to our carefully-selected team.
Position Overview: Do others describe you as “customer-centric,” “detail-oriented,” and a “people person?” CCG is hiring for a newly created position—Account Manager. The Account Manager (aka Client Success Manager) will arguably be one of the most exciting and challenging roles at CCG. It is a high-visibility role with a two-fold responsibility: 1) serve and support the sales team in developing and winning new customers as a member of the “pitch team” and 2) to ensure that every step of a customer job is executed in a way that consistently exceeds expectations. Once a sale is won, the account manager becomes the client-facing voice and face of CCG. The Account Manager choreographs all efforts between the customer and internal teams including design/workplace strategy, project management, site experience, installation teams, as well as external vendors.
The Account Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of a customer project including managing customer communications, design approvals and changes, order processing, scheduling, and contributing to maximizing profit margins. A rockstar Account Manager is a people person, maniacally detail-oriented, a team leader (not just a player), excellent at crisis management, and sees an opportunity and acts confidently in conflict resolution. The successful Account Manager is a polished professional who communicates clearly in speech and in writing. The Account Manager’s attitude is the “buck-stops-with-me” and always seeks to creatively problem solve. Ultimate success in this role means that both CCG teammates and customers perceive the Account Manager as highly-organized, completely reliable, always aware of the job status, transparent and honest, and ultimately someone who everyone can trust to make things happen.
The Ideal Candidate is/has:
· 5-10+ years of complex project management experience
· An innate customer service-centric attitude and demeanor
· Proven ability to juggle multiple client accounts simultaneously, while maintaining uncompromising attention to detail
· Excellent at time management
· Described by others as someone they would like to work with
· Experience in the commercial furniture industry is a definite plus
· A personal interest in and affinity for interior/architectural design (you should love our industry as we do)
· A polished ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
· Solid experience with MS Office (particularly MS Excel and Powerpoint)
· BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field is a plus
- Participate in early-stage client meetings as requested by Sales, and contribute knowledge and insights to RFP responses and proposal processes
- Proactively participate in transition meetings with the Sales Person, accurately complete the transition meeting forms, and become the point person once a job is transitioned
- Serve as the lead point of contact for assigned CCG clients and the intermediary between all stakeholders, both internal and external
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Schedule and conduct weekly status meetings with clients and/or weekly written reports regarding the job status
- Develop trusted-advisor relationships with clients as a go-to expert in company cultures, design elements and furniture options
- Track, prepare reports and present internally on a weekly basis regarding account status and key metrics
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to management and internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to identify and grow opportunities
- Practice accurate and prompt data entry
- Turnaround and distribute accurate proposals (generally $15K-$500K), within one business day
- Accurately and promptly follow and enter notes and instructions in Core (accounting software platform) to deliver accurate pricing and gross margin/profit estimates
- Confirm costs and vendor discounts to maintain required gross profit on goods and services sold
- Keep all project folders up to date, accurate, and properly organized
- When no Site Experience Manager is assigned to a job (typically on jobs under $100k in size), coordinate the efforts between the Installation Team and the Project Manager to work with the client to schedule, re-schedule (as applicable), and troubleshoot
- Follow up with Project Managers to ensure that the Lead Installers submit punch lists
- Complete orders accurately in the Company’s systems ensuring fields are up to date and accurately entered
- Follow up with Project Management and double-check all line items on the order details to ensure proper ordering, invoicing, etc.
- Ensure customer deposits are collected and/or proper approvals have been received (including margin limits) prior to placing an order
- Proactively communicate with the client when an overrun is caused by the client and/or subcontractor, that a change order must occur. Ensure clear communication internally with the Site Experience Manager, if applicable
- Schedule field measures with the Design Team for reconfiguration jobs where required
- Create spec sheets for customer pricing or assign to the design team for existing customers
- Adjust or create sifs (from pre-existing sifs) or assign to the design team for existing customers'
Work Location: Salt Lake City, Utah Office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Benefits: Full benefits within 30 days of hire. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance. Paid time off, holidays and parental leave. 401(k) with company match available after 90 days.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00 - 5:00
Your application has been successfully submitted.