Business Development Representative
Business Development - Opportunity Finder
Business Development Representative in our “finder” role identifies, qualifies and cultivates new business opportunities through prospecting and networking. As part of a team selling strategy, the Business Developers “finders” identify and qualify prospects and then introduce them to sales team members who specialize in successfully closing the sale.
Job Functions: New Business Development Finder
- Identifies prospects/potential clients through referrals, networking, associations, business journals, websites, etc. Achieves success through consultative selling and building strong, authentic relationships
- Researches and investigates all prospects’ product, industry, structure, and potential as a future client to qualify leads and develop a compelling call or first contact strategy and sales plan
- Executes call or first contact strategy and establishes rapport or follow-up with prospects; schedules consultative meetings and presentations to obtain future business
- Develops, administers and adjusts the content of sales presentations under prepared sales plan
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending company and vendor-sponsored educational and product workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Keep teams and leadership informed by entering prospects into Hub Spot and maintaining forecast
- Contributes to team effort by supporting related goals
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Required Experience & Skills
- A people person – extroverted, loves meeting new people and developing relationships
- Consultative sales skills, understands buying behavior, able to think strategically
- Collaborative work style – enjoys being part of a team to achieve optimal results.
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem-solving ability and follow up
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and scheduling skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a multi-task organization
- Diplomatic, polished professional appearance
- Goal-oriented and motivated to succeed
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
- Experience working with a CRM – HubSpot or Sales Force
- Solid computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Level of Education/Training/License:
- BA/BS degree preferred
B2B Sales Experience
Contract Furniture Sales Experience a Plus
Industry Related Experience Plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.