Healthcare Account Manager
Our organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether designing projects for our innovative clients, developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, or delivering a preeminent customer experience, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to partner with our clients to make inspiring spaces that unlock their people’s greatest potential. The pace is fast, and the learning is constant…but as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.
Your Role at Pivot
As the Healthcare Account Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and management of all aspects of Healthcare Accounts, from the selling process, through design, project management, and the completion of the project, exercising discretion and independent judgment to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Responsible for customer relations oversight on all assigned accounts, including the development of a monthly project status report per account.
In Addition, You Will
- Provide prompt and effective follow-up on new corporate projects specified by clients or new accounts/projects from the sales or bid desk.
- Create and manage strong relationships with clients and maintain the highest standard of customer satisfaction.
- Act as Herman Miller Living Office “champion” by being proficient in the Living Office concept and ideas. Meaningfully contributes to winning sales engagements by supporting account managers and customers with this unique knowledge.
- Assume ownership of the entire sales process, from initial client contact through the final punch list. Work with other team members (design, project management, project coordination, installation, accounting, sales management) as appropriate to complete all projects to the client’s satisfaction and within the required time frame.
- Take primary responsibility for the planning and specification of all aspects of the sales projects on assigned accounts or work with the assigned design team as required to complete planning and specification(s).
- Take primary responsibility in the project management of all aspects of the projects for assigned accounts or works with assigned project manager(s) as required to complete projects. Provides timely follow-up on all details.
- Promote and sell design, installation, project management, and other services as appropriate.
- Be responsible for fabric finishes and discounting on all final proposals submitted to clients.
- Develop accurate price quotations.
- Coordinate project plan(s), installation schedule(s). Review all orders prior to order entry to determine any special instructions to the manufacturer.
- Conduct post-occupancy evaluation/punch list walk-through along with the Project Manager, if one has been assigned, ensuring timely resolution of any identified issues or problems.
- Inform assigned clients on all new products and ergonomic issues and products.
- Work with the accounting department to provide prompt and courteous follow-up and investigations of delinquent accounts as necessary.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of developments in the contract furniture industry and related products, applications, and design concepts.
- Consistently devote time to personal and professional development through a variety of continuing education sources and appropriate business and professional associations.
- Be responsible for the successful installation and completion of every job, to the absolute satisfaction of all accounts.
We’re Excited About You If You Have
- A High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; and 2-3 years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a related furniture industry segment, such as project management, installation supervision, design, and/or planning may be substituted for some of the sales experience requirements.
- Familiarity with the basics of project management is essential. Demonstrated ability to logistically plan all phases of the project cycle essential. A general understanding of furniture systems and electrical/cabling issues, building systems, and building codes is essential.
- Knowledge of OSHPD submittal process and ability to identify healthcare project categories (OSHPD patient care / non-patient, non-OSHPD). Working knowledge of product lines as they apply to various healthcare settings. Familiar with various regulatory agencies (OSHPD, JCAHO) and regulations (HIPAA, ADA, UBC).