Our organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether designing projects for our innovative clients, developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, or delivering a preeminent customer experience, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to partner with our clients to make inspiring spaces that unlock their people’s greatest potential. The pace is fast, the learning is constant…but as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.
Your Role at Pivot
As the Service Technician you will perform service and product demonstrations and/or warranty repairs as directed by client facilities personnel, or by the Service Supervisor, as required. May be assigned to report directly to client site for periods as required/requested by client. Ensures timely completion, and high customer service/quality of all projects. Routinely interfaces with customers, sales personnel, project support personnel, installation personnel, and manufacturers. Must demonstrate ability to work efficiently and provide direction to subordinates when required. Must demonstrate dedicated commitment to departmental and corporate mandates and goals.
In Addition, You Will
- Contact customers to schedule service work.
- Survey product to accurately determine what service parts are needed to complete repairs.
- Place warranty product orders with HMI and all ancillary line vendors.
- Contact the appropriate salesperson to facilitate parts orders and labor quotes for all non-warranty services.
- Facilitate product demonstrations per salesperson request.
- Complete "Return Comments" in the database, showing the status of the job.
- Follow up on every job assignment through closure.
- Perform service repairs on warranty and non-warranty product issues.
- Participate in the training of service personnel on service procedures, repairs, and/or product modifications.
- Document and locate/pull products as required for service projects.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of pulls and loads of product, equipment, and installation tools.
- Ensure safe and accurate loading of products onto delivery/return vehicles.
- React to varying project/field conditions and can take or direct action on-site to solve problems and make required changes to the original scope of work.
- Perform briefings with the assigned service crew(s) daily.
- Conduct final client walk-through of completed project/area (s).
- Provide own dependable transportation to job site or office as required and provide own tools necessary to perform the job. Monitors own work to ensure quality performance and results consistent with Pivot mandate.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by senior management, as required.
We’re Excited About You If You Have
- A high school diploma or GED and 2- 5 years of related experience including systems furniture installation experience (Herman Miller furniture systems experience preferable); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.