Regional Architectural and Design Director - Chicago or Dallas
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
We are currently looking for a Regional Architectural and Design Director to join our sales team. This position can be hired in Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX.
As a Regional Architectural and Design Director, you will:
Develop and direct overall Architectural and Design Architectural and Design sales strategies in Region to maximize visibility and sales penetration with Architectural and Design firms and dealers, including open-line dealers. Ensures Design Marketing Managers (DMM) and Haworth Collection Specialists (HCS) meet assigned goals and objectives through development and execution of strategic business plans for securing opportunities and shifting firms and dealer designers to preference.
- Develop and execute business plan for increasing sales, profitability, and market share growth targets through A+D firms and dealer designer community, aligning with Haworth’s strategy for increasing sales of Haworth products.
- Lead key client engagement plan for firm principals and key influencers to gain preference and commitment for Haworth; develops and strengthens relationships and personally engages “Face to Face” with studio directors and above to develop opportunities.
- Aligns strategies with counterpart A+D Directors to support national design firms for consistent messaging and awareness of Haworth.
- Partner with corporate marketing team to review all A+D collateral material and ensure alignment of activities and marketing initiatives for increasing sales.
- Collaborates closely with regional sales director team and global director on aligning initiatives, communications, and strategy for developing and growing business; and recognizes the DMM and HCS team supports all local sales efforts.
- Communicate strategy, including goals and objectives, ensuring DMM and HCS team has strategic plans to build a robust pipeline for consistent achievement of revenue and product mix goals, including development of key relationships to move firms from awareness - to acceptance - to preference of Haworth products.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with distribution partners and their design teams through monthly joint strategy planning and development for execution of market growth initiatives.
- Conduct 1:1s and monthly dashboard reviews with team to ensure effective business plan execution, deliver coaching and sharing of best practices; holds team accountable for achieving objectives.
- Maintain an active presence in regional major markets to network, understand trends, advance, and communicate brand to create preference, and ensure development of new business.
- Drive team utilization of Haworth selling tools, product training, implementation of campaigns, and effective use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology.
- Manages expense budget to plan and upholds established travel and entertainment guidelines.
- Supports Culture and DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging) initiatives including talent attraction, member engagement, and retention objectives and implementation of action
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, sales, marketing, business administration, or equivalent
- 8 years’ experience within A+D sales, commercial real estate, and business development experience
- 6 years in commercial product sales or services with demonstrated track record of success
- 3 years in a sales supervisory role responsible for developing, coaching, and leading sales team to obtain successful sales revenue results
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills, and ability to set direction, drive innovation and change, and deliver results.
- Experience in an influential sales leader role, including knowledge of all aspects of the sales cycle; prospecting of new clients, networking within industries, selling to specification, and how to affect the multiple-step sales process to drive revenue.
- Ability to demonstrate confidence in communicating “why Haworth” to firm studio director level and above to build preference of Haworth.
- Strong product awareness with emphases on Haworth Collection products.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of people throughout the company and external audiences.
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity and business ethics to lead, influence and work with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to manage against clear and deliverable goals, demonstrated tenacity, commitment to deliver, and accountable for results.
- Profit conscious mindset to effectively allocate and manage expenses to achieve budgetary results within established guidelines.
- Ability to travel frequently up to 60 percent of the time in assigned region; occasional overnight and international travel.
At Haworth, we have a strong set ofvaluesthat guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, athttps://Careers.Haworth.com.