Territory Account Executive - Furniture
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Staples is business to business.
You’re what binds us together.
Staples Furniture Solutions provides comprehensive furniture solutions for customers of all sizes. Our furniture professionals work with customers to understand their business objectives and then create furniture solutions that support those objectives. It takes a team of talented associates to develop projects from concept to completion. Our sales professionals, interior designers, project managers, and furniture sales support associates are the best in the business – because we know that when it’s all said and done, talented teams win!
What you'll be doing:
The Furniture, Account Executive, is responsible for initiating and closing profitable furniture sales. The Account Executive, Furniture serves as the primary contact for the client during the sales process and works with the other furniture support functions (design, project management, furniture sales support, etc.) to ensure that client needs are met and client satisfaction is achieved. As part of an integrated selling team, the Account Executive, Furniture collaborates with sales professionals from other Staples product categories to develop comprehensive sales plans for Staples accounts in an effort to maximize sales of all product categories. The Account Executive, Furniture reports to the Sales Director, Furniture.
- Prospect in the local marketplace for new furniture opportunities.
- Develop local business relationships with various influencers (A/D community, commercial real estate brokers, moving companies, etc.) in order to identify potential opportunities early.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with existing clients for which the Account Executive, Furniture is assigned.
- Lead the development of creative and innovative solutions to meet client needs in a differentiated manner. Collaborate with Interior Designers to provide solutions that meet client functional, aesthetic, and budgetary requirements.
- Lead the project strategy process. Involve stakeholders in the development of a winning sales plan to capture targeted accounts and/or opportunities.
- Work in a team selling environment to collaboratively develop account plans for existing accounts that maximize penetration and retention.
- Work with other Staples lines of business to provide cross-selling opportunities.
- Three years of direct selling experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Prior experience in the office furniture industry, general knowledge of systems furniture, and experience in customer interaction.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate (word processing, spreadsheets, project applications).
- Working knowledge of furniture product applications.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Advanced selling skills.
- Candidates should be competitive and self-motivated as well as possess the ability to balance their needs with the needs of the company
Territory is the Sacramento, CA and Reno, NV markets.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.