Are you sick and tired of dirty snow? Negative wind chills for weeks on end? Are you interested in moving to a state that is open for business, warm and sunny? Are you a creative designer that is looking for an organization that values not only the client but the team member experience? If so, then please consider applying to be part of our amazing design team. Atmosphere Commercial Interiors, a subsidiary of the Omni Workspace Company, and 5th largest Steelcase dealer in the US, is currently seeking an Interior Designer to join the team in our Phoenix, AZ location.
Atmosphere is the 5th largest Steelcase dealer in the country providing creative spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. Our clients range from small business owners to Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare, education, sports arenas and hospitality environments. A comprehensive menu of services includes asset and order management, facility, installation and space planning, and project management services.
At Atmosphere, we believe in providing the best possible service to our clients and constantly striving to provide the best possible work environment for our team members.
The Interior Designer is responsible for providing design support and consulting on projects for our clients. This position would require translating Steelcase research and insights into meaningful and thoughtful on-brand product application solutions that solve client needs. They provide and create spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. As part of the design team, the Interior Designer may also be involved in market segments including, but not limited to, corporate, education, government, and healthcare. Project scopes may range from a small, single office layout to large, complex reconfigure projects.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to design/space plan and specify creative solutions to proactively impact the sales process.
- Able to take abstract information and apply Steelcase insights/learnings in a way that yields creative/thoughtful applications.
- Foster client relationships through design knowledge, continual support and flawless execution.
- Create computer-generated design documents including design intent drawings, space plans, furniture typicals, furniture plans, installation documents and rendered images to communicate and document design solutions, ensuring efficient and accurate installation results.
- Produce furniture block plans, space plans, finish palettes, furniture specifications, and installation drawing
- While this job description accurately represents the current primary duties of the role, functions may be adapted as necessary to meet business need.
Core Strengths / Attributes
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills; develops and maintains positive relationships internally and externally. Strong team player.
- Strategizes and Problem Solves: Problem solving orientation; critical thinking skills; understands how their work relates to the whole; generates new ideas that add value; ability to seek out appropriate information to make effective decisions.
- Application Excellence: Proficient at using current design software including AutoCAD, Configura, and Revit.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Associate Degree or 4-year Interior Design Degree or Interior Architecture degree, applicable experience
- In-depth knowledge of design trends and code requirements
Extra Credit for the Role
- NCIDQ or State certification
- Furniture dealership background
- Steelcase experience and knowledge
- 5+ years of industry experience
- CET Designer Software experience
- Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC)
What is your benefit?
- Quality of Life in a state that is open for business and booming.
- Great weather – no snow
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We enlighten organizations to the connection between people, purpose and place.