The Account Manager on the Strategic Accounts Team is responsible for all project and daily work order activities, sales support, and full customer satisfaction for assigned accounts. Although this is not a sales position, it requires you to have sales capabilities assisting in developing an account. The Account Manager continues to grow the relationship within the account past the project and forward towards the account.
You are the ideal candidate if managing the details of a project gives you confidence. You've learned how to be the internal point person among your teammates to get project milestones delivered on time. You value project timelines and clearly communicate with clients to not only manage expectations but help create ecstatic long-term customers. You thrive on getting the job done right.
If you resonate with the description above, we look forward to your application and speaking with you.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Specific responsibilities include:
- Single point-of-contact for coordinating all dealer activities, services, orders, and personnel for each assigned account
- Responsible for all client relations and ongoing relationships with client personnel, and client third parties (contractors, A&D firms, etc.)
Project & Work Order Management
- Oversees all customer projects and work orders; directs dealer team for implementation of customer orders and service requests
- Provides frequent and regular status reports to the customer regarding the project and work order status
Sales Order Management
- Develops plans and product specifications either on own or through work with the design department; produces detailed, accurate, and professional-looking quotes through own effort or in conjunction with dealership personnel (designers, project managers, etc.) and presents these to the customer in a timely manner
- Works with service departments to develop service contracts to present to the customer when complex services are sold (design, for instance) or for major projects (installation, design, project mgmt)
Process, Quality, and Customer Satisfaction
- Ensures standards of performance are met for all custom work activities
- Establishes costs and sell amounts for all account products and services, based on contract pricing, gross margin guidelines, and established service pricing; is responsible for “cost-of-sale” against account purchases
Sales & Marketing
- Provides frequent and regular follow-up with the customer regarding information for products and services including all support for customer’s requests
- Presents new products and services to the customer, and exposes the customer to new opportunities to purchase goods and services from the dealership
Contract Furniture / Design Industry Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the interior design field and current practices
- Understands contract furniture processes, including order preparation, project management, order management, and delivery/installation
- Works collaboratively with client and client’s third-party firms, including A&D firms, interior contractors, electrical and communication engineers, customer’s IT group, etc.
- Manages team assignments to ensure workload activities are appropriately balanced and supported
Qualifications + Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 – 5 years Commercial Furniture Sales experience
- Demonstrated space planning and project management ability
- Experience with Haworth products preferred
- Polished communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills
Due to our government contract, we will require all new hires to be vaccinated, or provide documentation that qualifies them for a medical or religious exemption.
PeopleSpace is a market leader, providing workspace strategy, contract office furniture, custom solutions, and architectural wall products. We have over 21 years of success in creating environments to improve the well-being, culture, engagement, and retention of both our client’s employees and our team members. As one of Haworth’s top global dealerships, we boast the largest dealership footprint on the West Coast with five Customer Experience Centers. PeopleSpace is a dynamic and rising organization that provides great upward mobility for individuals who are looking to learn, grow and find a long-term home. We offer great benefits and foster an inspired company culture based on our core values.
PeopleSpace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Should you need assistance filling out an application or applying for a position at PeopleSpace, please contact our HR department at PeopleSpace.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating spaces for people to thrive.