The Project Designer provides design and consultative services to clients and internal sales staff. The designer is a valued professional member of the team, bringing knowledge, aesthetics, and creative ideas that improve company results through workstyles, trends, products, and space.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Specific responsibilities include:
- Attends client meetings/planning sessions to review project scope and assess programming needs.
- Review documents and analyze building plans/site conditions to assure accurate space requirements.
- Conducts field measurements, existing furniture inventories, and code analysis.
- Conceptualize design solutions and prepare drawings based on information received from the client and sales team.
- Develop/present space plans and furniture typicals that address the programming/needs analysis.
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of project drawings and furniture specifications
- Use CET and Project Matrix to create working drawings, renderings, and accurate specifications.
- Present schematic layouts, preliminary and final design layouts, presentation media, and proposed specification lists, to be provided to the client.
- Select, develop, and present color and finish options including finish presentations and renderings.
- Lead Live Design presentation for clients.
- Required to self-check all project documents (drawings, specs, renderings) prior to submitting for double-check process.
- Responsible for transmitting complete and accurate project documentation to the team for order entry and installation.
- Provide working drawings to third-party contractors as needed (A&D firm, GC, electrician, IT, etc.)
- Request quotes and drawings from ancillary vendors.
- Able to estimate time to complete project scope of work for budgetary purposes and complete weekly timesheet for accurate billing.
- Provide timely and accurate information for clients/vendors.
- Attends weekly team meetings and all required company/department functions and training.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of the application of codes, electrical and data planning on projects.
- Full knowledge of technology tools required to perform duties (CET, NetSuite) and attend regular training.
Qualifications + Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum 2-5 years commercial design experience
- Intermediate to Advanced AutoCAD/CET proficiency & Project Matrix
- Demonstrated space planning and project management ability.
- Experience with Haworth products preferred.
- Polished communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
PeopleSpace is a market leader, providing workspace strategy, contract office furniture, custom solutions, and architectural wall products.
We have over 21 years of success in creating environments to improve the well-being, culture, engagement, and retention of both our client’s employees and our team members. As one of Haworth’s top global dealerships, we boast the largest dealership footprint on the West Coast with five Customer Experience Centers. PeopleSpace is a dynamic and rising organization that provides great upward mobility for individuals who are looking to learn, grow and find a long-term home. We offer great benefits and foster an inspired company culture based on our core values.
Visit us at peoplespace.com to learn more regarding the positions.
PeopleSpace provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Should you need assistance filling out an application or applying for a position at PeopleSpace, please contact our HR department at PeopleSpace.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating spaces for people to thrive.