Chief Operating Officer
Ai Corporate Interiors
Birmingham, AL, USA
Ai Corporate Interiors is a full-service commercial furniture dealer serving Alabama and Middle Tennessee (offices in Birmingham and Nashville). We believe a well-designed workplace creates a framework for creativity, collaboration, and wellness - a place that inspires and engages - so that its occupants can realize their full potential. We help our clients transform their spaces by optimizing the way people connect, focus, and recharge.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on, dedicated professional to ensure profitability, overall health, and continued growth of the company.
The COO position oversees the activities of all departments to ensure efficient operation, profitability, and exceptional customer service. Oversight of day-to-day business operations include, but are not limited to, finance, legal, human resources, information systems and technology, logistics, distribution, manufacturer partnerships, procurement, and facility management.
Previous experience (required):
- Management role in commercial furniture industry
- Corporate planning
- P&L responsibility and thorough understanding of general and budgetary accounting
- Operations, logistics, and distribution
- 5+ years of verifiable experience in a related environment
- College degree in business, finance, or related field
Primary skills (required):
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exemplary leadership, management, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker and proactive problem-solver
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Proficient in setting/meeting deadlines and productivity goals
- Creative and collaborative team-builder
- Organized, detail-oriented, and thorough
- High level of technology skills
Overview of Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the activities of all departments (Sales, Design, Operations, Accounting) to ensure a unified effort in attaining company goals and objectives.
- Operate in compliance with federal, state, and local statutes and ensure business is in good legal standing.
- Maintain good relationships with ownership, staff, manufacturer partners, and various other business-related partners.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement.
- Define company goals and objectives so that it is understood and analyze status of various departments in relation to goals.
- Participate in the development and implementation of all company policies and procedures to ensure company runs as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Regular reporting of financial status to CEO to ensure effective management of business. Daily involvement in AR/AP and all accounting processes.
- Develop and recommend an annual operating budget. Develop and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters.
- Assume responsibility for identifying potential problems and making decisions as it relates to all facets of the overall operation (i.e. credit, expenses, staffing, overtime, etc.).
- Work with CCO to help develop and drive effective marketing strategies to increase market share.
- Ensure sales forecasts are updated and maintained and regularly review with Sales to help manage business flow.
- Collaborate with CCO on staff management activities including performance evaluation, recruiting, training, education, and goal setting for all departments so that company and individual goals are met.
- Assist in the establishment and implementation of customer service standards for all accounts. Assure that customer accounts receive the required level of operations and administrative support.
- Procure equipment and facilities required to assure efficient operation. Develop suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, housekeeping, and safety of equipment and facilities in a manner that assures their most efficient operation. Keep informed of relevant new technology and make recommendations as applicable.
- Frequent travel to second location in Nashville 3 hrs from Birmingham (Min of twice a month).
- Regular collaboration with CEO/ownership and complete additional projects/assignments as directed.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary based off years of experience
- Bonus structure based off company profitability
Company benefits include:
- Major medical, dental, vision, and various supplementary health coverage
- Life insurance
- 401K with up to 4% company match
- FML (Maternity, Paternity, and Bereavement)
Your application has been successfully submitted.