VP of Sales
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Develop and execute comprehensive sales plans, programs and strategies, both short and long range, to support revenue and profitability objectives of the organization.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Recruit new sales talent on an ongoing basis
· Develop and maintain a sales training program that teaches the fundamentals of selling and addresses developmental needs of the sales and business development team
· Coach account managers in activities that build sales activity and account growth
· Develop and maintain a plan to leverage technology in the sales process
New business development
· Review and assign leads from company lead sources
· Actively develop new business opportunities : NETWORKING
· Take an active role in the strategy and pursuit of major projects in conjunction with internal and external sales and marketing resources.
· Participate in industry trade groups and events
· Manage an active plan to penetrate competitively held accounts
Existing business development
· Manage high level of customer service for existing and new customers to include client contact when appropriate
· Direct A&D Program and maintain relationships within the A&D Community
· Ensure that all major accounts have an active plan to develop additional account penetration through products, services, relationships and alliances
· Manage margin performance to meet company goals
· Provide accurate forecasts on a monthly basis
· Manage the revenue, gross margin and profit after sales, project management and design expenses to meet established company goals
Product portfolio and vendor management
· Maintain strong relationships with all key and emerging vendors
· Work with the president to develop a comprehensive portfolio of products and vendors
· Take an active role in managing the MBI and HM business plan and participating in scheduled planning meetings
· Interface with the managers of accounting, project management, design and MBI services to ensure appropriate support and allocation of resources to support sales growth and a high level of customer service
· Strategically balance and apply sales talent and sales teams against areas of growth and opportunity and in accordance with the short-term and long-term strategic plan
· Prepare and implement annual strategic sales plan in coordination with the President and the direction of the company’s overall strategic plan to be updated and reviewed quarterly.
· Be a constant coach and proponent of the company’s cross selling efforts to include commercial, healthcare, flooring, services and specialty storage
· Maintain, administer and update the sales compensation plan
· Develop and manage sales and marketing budget
· Manage day to day personnel issues
· Maintain employee work records and documentation
· Develop, implement and maintain a process/system to monitor and track sales activity by account manager, which results in a high level of individual accountability.
· Direct, manage and negotiate, in conjunction with the President, the company’s contractual obligations with vendors and customers
· Identify and disseminate market information, changes and trends, economic and business data, customer feedback, product and service information, competitive positions etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.