Pre-Sale Project Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As Pre-Sale Project Specialist you will serve as the liaison between our reps, dealers, end users and the Order Management Specialist. You will be the specific point of contact to manage the pre-sale point to the order entry process. This position will be an important member of a company’s sales team. By supporting sales representatives and coordinating dealer large order or projects contribute to achieving the sales targets. Although you do not have responsibility for selling, you play an important part in maintaining good customer relationship by acting as an extension of the field sales force.
This role require excellent organizational, administrative and communication skills, together with an ability to deliver high standards of customer service and project coordination.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Solicit critical information from reps, dealers or end users on for projects, including but not limited to quantities, product specifications, delivery dates, job site conditions as early in the process as possible.
- Document timely all pre-sale activity details in Sales Force.
- Maintain professional relationships with all customers. Remain in frequent contact to understand their requirements and follow through with pre-sales customer communications.
- Educate reps and dealers on internal information and procedures surrounding the requirements and deadlines to fulfill a project successfully.
- Ensure hand off of the project details to the Order Management Specialist is thoroughly complete and all critical information has been provided.
- Swiftly execute any customer updates or changes to all internal pertinent parties keeping them on track to meet the project delivery date(s).
- Respond timely to questions regarding pricing, lead-times and general terms and conditions.
- Understand and respond timely to questions regarding product capability and application.
- Perform customer, market or trade show visits when required.
- Audit “meet the truck” delivery appointment(s) when required.
- Comprehend GSA Contracts and being familiar with terms, pricing and program details.
- Ensure all process and procedures that involve the order management process is up to date and truly reflect the way we are operating. As well as continuously evaluating the processes and services to ensure that the most efficient methods are being used.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years experience working within an industry with high volume order fulfillment
- 1+ year of experience in pre-sales role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years History of working within furniture industry strongly preferred
- Intermediate skills on Sales Force and Smartsheet
- Must have a tenacious sense of urgency and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing demands and shifting priorities.
- Ability to travel to customers, job sites or trade shows.
- Intermediate MS Office skills required including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Your application has been successfully submitted.