Vice President, Furniture Sales
This job is no longer accepting applications.
McCoy-Rockford is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Accountable for the profitable achievement of sales objectives; Responsible for assigned team's sales productivity as well as the collaboration of the overall sales department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides leadership to the sales department, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior
· Builds and maintains strong customer relationships and buyer relationships with the objective of establishing trust and ongoing partnerships through proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating current and future customer requirements and satisfaction by engaging key customer accounts in conjunction with sales personnel managed. Provides a management-level point of contact for key customers
· Manage and direct the appointed account sales staff and their daily activities
· Conduct Executive Summaries with key accounts
· Develop and actively participate in networks outside of McCoy-Rockford that will provide market intelligence necessary to compete effectively
· Represent the company's products and services to architects, interior designers, and other outside entities to influence specifications and product selection for our common client corporations
· Proactively participates alongside leadership in the strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones
· Achieve assigned targets and sales quota for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts as defined by company management, including assigned team quotas for sales, profits, and strategic objectives
· Develops sales forecasting tools and reporting and leads forecasting efforts among the team managed, ensuring that accurate forecasts are completed on a timely basis
· Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel
· Responsible for the efficient allocation of company support resources in the customer base managed by the assigned team
· Works closely with Customer Service and Project Management to ensure customer satisfaction and high levels of field sales support
· Foster a learning environment, challenging employees to continually advance their skills and competencies while embracing company values. Provide stewardship of sales and sales management talent, including establishing learning and development objectives essential to the sales organization's success, overseeing the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assessing the value of training and development investments, and monitoring learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI.
· Hire, train, appraise, and retain staff effectively. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consult with human resources as appropriate.
· Identifies deficiencies in skills among sales associates managed, and works to improve individuals' capabilities through coaching, mentoring, development, and training, as well as providing timely guidance, instruction, and feedback to help strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas and optimize sales success.
· Positively impacts the performance of individual sales team members by implementing and managing field support tools, including training programs, productivity initiatives, account and territory planning methodologies, and customer communication tools.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
KEY SELECTION AND SUCCESS FACTORS
· 10+ years’ experience in the furniture industry
· 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory/management role
· Experience working in an outside sales role calling on a varied client base required
· Proven sales success
· Successful experience working in a distribution business model required
· Successful experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning behavior with performance expectations
· Successful experience utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
· Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university required
· Professional sales certification preferred
· Proficiency in MS Office
· Proven ability to motivate people and manage processes
· Excellent communication and listening skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Strong networking skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
· Ability to work with a diverse group of people
Your application has been successfully submitted.