Contract Designer Remote
Business Environments, New Mexico's Largest Furniture and Flooring Dealer would like to hire a Contract Designer to work with our Sales Team. A minimum of 5 years experience designing for a Steelcase Dealer with CET is a requirement. Position can be located anywhere in the U.S., and providing your own hardware and software is preferable but negotiable.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Attending internal meetings remotely to review projects and build client solutions.
- Interact with team and clients in evaluating projects and giving feedback from a design standpoint.
- Develop preliminary floor plans from field notes, programming requirements, and input from customers or Account Managers.
- Meet with team, customers, and other designers to review preliminary floor plans and validate design intent.
- Learn products to make recommendations to customers and field sales personnel.
- Work with internal teams to take created specifications and move them to quotations.
- Conduct specification checks to ensure accuracy in design and bill of materials.
- Pull and select finish samples to make recommendations to customers and Account Managers.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with sales, support, and operations to finalize project work for customer presentation.
- Prepare final plans and bill of materials using CET and other computer software.
- Prepare comprehensive installation plans for use by operations at customer installations.
- Attend some trainings and meetings virtually if deemed important to the position.
- Keep up to date on ADA and building codes to ensure all plans meet the necessary requirements.
This is a contract designer position and Steelcase Design and CET experience is an absolute requirement. We will pay on hourly design and the rate is negotiable.
Your application has been successfully submitted.