Project Manager - Barbican Demountable Walls and Acoustical Ceiling Systems (USA)
Barbican Demountable Walls and Acoustical Ceiling Systems Project Manager USA
Barbican Architectural Products’ mission statement revolves around a single purpose; reduce the wasteful impact of traditional commercial spaces. Barbican provides high design, high quality product offerings consisting of Commercial Lighting, Architectural Walls, Ceiling Systems and Acoustical Solutions. www.barbican.ca
Job Purpose | Overview
This is a US based position (remote) for full-time contract. The Project Manager Walls and Acoustical Ceilings, under the direction of the VP of Sales and Marketing will lead and implement walls and ceilings projects to reduce costs, improve productivity, and increase customer satisfaction at Barbican Architectural Products Ltd. In order to achieve these goals, the Project Manager will be required to define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and supervise the efforts of project team members. Efficient delivery of project deliverables, effective quality control, clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each projects’ lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist Barbican’s staff and contracted agents with inquiries and fulfillment of orders.
• Evaluate quote requests for accuracy and other issues.
• Review take-offs of drawings and create quotations based on the specifications provided.
• Aid in any requirements needed to close the order and this might include working with management to reduce margins if necessary, or working with sales agents, owners, and installation companies to value engineer the project to get within clients budget.
• Assist and review with the walls team, the creation of working shop drawings complete with door, glass and other schedules.
• Work with the wall installation company to complete the project on time and on budget, with the emphasis on reducing or eliminating back charges. This can include onsite assistance or training as required.
• Facilitate the installation company to correct defects in the installation.
• Support the Barbican design and manufacturing teams to provide information and suggestions for continuous product improvement.
• Coordinate and manage project team resources, identifying appropriate resources/participants needed, assigning tasks and activities, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
• Support best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Manage changes in project scope, identifying potential issues and devising contingency plans.
• Build and develop any business relationships vital to project success.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
• Complete any other related duties as required.
• Remote working environment when not on a jobsite.
• Travel will be required usually with 2 weeks notification.
• Travel schedule is based on the wall project installation dates.
· Critical Thinking
· Planning and Organizing
· Resource and Fiscal Management
· Demountable Walls experience in Design, Dealer or Manufacturer setting.
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in business/project management preferred
· A minimum of (1) years of direct work experience in project management, preferably in a manufacturing environment and ideally with demountable walls.
· Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
· Ability to create and edit project documents, material and presentations
· Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders
Please submit your resume to:
Steven Geiger, Vice President Barbican Walls
Your application has been successfully submitted.