Sales Consultant - Government Markets
290 Sign Systems
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
2/90 Sign Systems is a well-established manufacturer of facility signage. We are hiring a full-time salesperson to work in our Grand Rapids, MI manufacturing facility.
The role of “Sales Consultant | Government Markets” is important to the 2/90 sales team for supporting company-wide sales growth initiatives within the Federal Government market sector by developing vertical markets, nurturing new and existing customer relationships, and handling general sales and marketing responsibilities. This position supports all 2/90 product and service offerings throughout all government vertical market channels.
- Finding and engaging new government customer prospects through tradeshow, referral, and marketing initiative follow-up, Government RFQ site leads, networking, and cold calling.
- Developing relationships with key clients and specifiers by educating them on 2/90 products and services in collaboration with outside Sales Representatives and in-house Territory Sales Associates.
- Building relationships with purchasing decision makers at prospective end-clients including facility managers, interior designers, and facility planners, and with alternate purchasing channel contacts including general contractors and strategic resale partners.
- Coordinating sales efforts with outside Sales Representatives and in-house Territory Sales Associates.
- Seeking opportunities for developing agency-wide standardization programs.
- Qualifying, shaping, and steering new sales opportunities.
- Presenting proposals to customers and following sales opportunities through to completion.
- Qualifying, preparing, and submitting formal bid proposals in response to RFQ’s.
- Owning assigned sales quotas and managing activities to best achieve success.
- Travelling (20% or less) for tradeshows, regional events, presentations, and sales meetings.
- College degree or minimum five years sales experience.
- Previous experience in signage, other architectural products, contract furnishings (or similar), selling directly to Federal Government clients, or indirectly through alternate purchasing channels to Federal Government end clients, is preferred.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Competence using MS Office Suite (and technology in general) is required.
Compensation and Benefits Summary:
Salaried position. Full Health Benefits including medical, dental, and vision. Retirement Savings Plans including 401(k) with company matching, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Anniversary Celebration Reward of $100 for each year of employment paid on anniversary. Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Become part of the 2/90 Family! Please send resume to: HR@290signs.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.