Territory Manager- Kansas & Missouri
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Summary: Sauder Education, a leading furniture manufacturer for the higher education market, is seeking a manufacturer's sales representative to sell our Residence Hall furniture to the higher education market in our Kansas and Missouri Territory. Our products are purpose built for this challenging environment and valued by our customers for that reason. The person that represents Sauder Education in this territory will be selling one of the hottest products in college housing, the Trey® chair, the zTrak bed system and popular innovative lounge products Rally and Puzzle.
Description of Key Duties:
- Building relationships with key decision makers for furniture on campuses of Higher Education with a focus on Residence Life
- Have a vehicle to schlep (haul and demonstrate) furniture
- Have a home office
- Sell and quote Sauder Education furniture
- Facilitate the installation of the furniture
- Participate and be engaged in all training required by sales management
- Utilize Construction Wire lead tool
- Enter all leads, contacts, and accounts into our CRM
- Update all quotes with accurate forecast dates and probabilities in the eQuote system
- Communicate regularly with Sales Management in home office.
What does success look like in this Territory?
- A trend of growing sales each year
- Hauling furniture around and demonstrating furniture directly to end users and specifiers on a frequent and on-going basis
- Increasing the number of colleges and universities each year that do business with Sauder Education
- Increasing market share each year in segments Sauder Education is focused on (currently Residence Life and Student Unions at Colleges and Universities). We also opportunistically sell to Libraries and K-12.
- Selling a good mix of casegoods, chairs and upholstered furniture
- Continuing to pioneer case goods in the territory
- Consistently good Net Promoter Score feedback, (9’s and 10’s)
- Submitting clean and complete orders
- Developing solid relationships with many college/university customers as well as architects and designers specifying in the higher education market
- Filling the pipeline with projects for the next 2-3 years ahead and keeping the pipeline CRM database updated
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Must live in Kansas & Missouri Territory
- 3 -5 years' successful sales experience
- Experience in Higher Education and Residence Life
- Maintain adequate transportation to facilitate moving samples and materials
- Persistent, likeable, trustworthy
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships
- Ability to manage long-term sales cycle
- Familiar with using Microsoft office
Key Attributes Required:
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
· Ability to solve problems in stressful situations
· Ability to take a “no” and move on with respectful persistence
· Strong attention to details
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Self-starting, goal-oriented individual who takes personal accountability for performance
· Communicates effectively in both oral and written forms
· Individual will need to demonstrate previous success in excellent organizational, facilitation, and communication skills
· Computer skills to help with communication and quoting
· Ability to organize information to be support territory, project, and account management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel throughout the territory meeting with end users, dealerships and A&D firms and will often be required to lift heavy furniture items, occasionally exceeding 80 lbs. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to walk and sit. Use of hands and fingers will be required for writing, computer use, and phone use. Work in a manner consistent with standard Sauder safety practices and expectations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific Outcomes to be Delivered:
Model the Company’s Leadership Values and develop a strong collaborative and engaged team-based culture
Contribute to and be an effective member of the SMC organization. Engages regularly with team members to identify competitive advantages with both home office and other territory managers
Ensure continual development of sales skills to higher levels of competency with the goals of meeting future sales targets
Ensure the highest level of customer service is consistently provided by effectively communicating and coordinating the activities during the sales process
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your application has been successfully submitted.